Welcome to Gold Martial Arts
Sensei Mark Golding, founder and Chief Instructor of Gold Martial Arts, along with our dynamic, family focussed team, welcomes you to our organisation.
Sensei Mark, 4th Dan, Shito-Ryu Karate, formally started his martial arts training in 1981. He has a Bachelor of Education in Health & Physical Education, and a Certificate IV in Training & Assessment, with 25 years of teaching experience in secondary schools in Western Australia.
Gold Martial Arts is a member of the West Australian Karate Federation, the state governing body of karate in Western Australia recognised by the Department of Sport and Recreation as well as the Australian Karate Federation, the national governing body of karate in Australia recognised and endorsed by the Federal Government, the Australian Olympic Committee and Sport Australia.
- Located in Balcatta, 12km north of the Perth CBD
- Modern purpose-designed full-time training facility enables students to train 6 days a week
- Sensei Mark and his staff of professionally trained and qualified instructors teach traditional and sports karate as well as BoxFit and Yoga
- Tailored programs catering for all ages and abilities from 3 years to adults
- Engaging and stimulating learning environment allows every student to reach their full potential
World Karate Federation
- World Karate Federation Certified Kata & Kumite Coach
Australian Karate Federation
- Head Senior National Coach
- Director, High Performance
- Deputy Chair, National Sports Committee
- Member, Athlete Selection Committee
- National Coaching Accreditation Scheme – Gold Level Coach
- National Kumite Referee
West Australian Karate Federation
- Board Director
- Chair, Selection Committee
- State Kumite Referee & Kata Judge
- World Ranking: Number 1 (1994 – 1997)
- 5th World Games, Lahti, Finland (1997) – Gold Medallist
- 13th World Karate Championships, Sun City, South Africa (1996) – Silver Medallist
- 5th World Cup, Frankfurt, Germany (1995) – Bronze Medallist
- 12th World Karate Championships, Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia (1994) – Bronze Medallist
- Australian Open (1992 – 1996) – Gold Medallist
- National Championships (1992 – 1996) – Gold Medallist
Our Administrator Amanda Golding has over 25 years of managerial experience across various industries including medical, hospitality and martial arts as well as being a qualified Educational Assistant having worked in primary and secondary schools in Western Australia.
Through her diverse roles and responsibilities, Amanda has a reputation for highly developed interpersonal and time management skills, organisational awareness and an intimate knowledge of the martial arts industry.